JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The FX Technical Director is responsible for creating a range of natural and supernatural phenomena such as water, fire, smoke, destruction as well as magical effects. He / she works in conjunction with other departments to ensure that assigned tasks are completed.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Excellent knowledge of Houdini and the use of fluids, cloth, particles and/or rbd’s;
- A thorough understanding of simulation techniques and technologies relating to effects;
- A good working knowledge of Mantra and/or Arnold;
- Excellent general knowledge of Houdini. (Pyro, RBD, Flip, Vellum…);
- Good understanding of the lighting and compositing process;
- Good understanding of the other departments (modeling, animation, rigging…);
- Experience in team management is essential;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Experience in CFX (clothing and hair simulation) and crowd simulation an asset;
- Experience with Python an asset;
- Previous film industry experience essential.
A demo reel demonstrating your artistic ability is required.
Must be able to work in Quebec and available immediately or shortly.