The lead render wrangler will perform various render wrangling tasks, all the while supporting fellow team members. Duties include answering questions, offering guidance and helping to resolve issues in a positive and constructive manner. Reporting to the IT Director, the lead render wrangler ensures the liaison between the tech/IT team and production in regards to monitoring and optimizing rendering operations at Hybride.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor, manage and maintain the ability of the render farm to function at its maximum;
- Monitor, manage and audit renders for daily deliveries; Track and maintain rendering priorities;
- Plan and communicate effectively in regards of resources allocations in accordance with project and production team needs;
- Monitor infrastructure (servers) and identify any upcoming issues;
- Analyze render logs, identify render errors and escalate to the appropriate department;
- Liaise with TDs regarding possible render optimisation;
- Monitor disk/data usage outside of regular work hours to ensure disk resources are available;
- Organize work schedules and make sure overtime is distributed fairly throughout the team;
- Manage the team schedule in order to monitor rendering outside of regular office hours.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Experience working in Linux / Unix environment;
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks and able to work under time constraints;
- Self-motivated, reliable and proactive;
- Excellent communication skills in both English and French;
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills as required;
- Ability to work independently in a team environment;
- Knowledge of a render farm manager, such as Deadline (preferred) Tractor or Qube, is a plus;
- Fundamental understanding of visual effects and computer graphics concepts and terminology.
Experience with Maya, Renderman, Nuke, Arnold or Houdini;
Python or shell scripting experience.
Must be able to work in Quebec and available immediately or shortly.