As the Head of 2D, you will oversee the managements of the compositing, roto paint, editorial & I/O departments. You will collaborate closely with department Hods, supervisors and team leads, to ensure the smooth and effective running of their department from a talent, creative, technical and workflow perspective.
You will also be responsible for implementing the 2D department’s overall strategy within the company in accordance with Hybride’s different workflows.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and maintain regular contact with Hods, supervisors and 2D team leads;
- Promote and nurture talent and act as a mentor for Hods, supervisors and team leads in their leadership positions;
- Ensure the onboarding of new resources is done as per Hybride’s established standards;
- Manage the 2D department’s crewing, anticipating hiring needs and scheduling conflicts;
- Make sure we have the proper structure, number of artists, appropriate techniques and tools to deliver the highest standards of quality;
- Contribute to the recruiting process by being actively involved with interviewing new talents, attending school presentations and trade shows by maintaining a good external network;
- Represent Hybride at different events and industry conferences when required;
- Carry out performance evaluations, performance management and participate in annual review processes;
- Create and maintain specific reports and analytics for the VP of Operations (technical post mortems, show reports etc.).
- Maintain good communication with other departments, show production and senior management to ensure information is adequately disclosed;
- In collaboration with the Hods, supervisors and team leads, ensure productions are appropriately supported in regards to strategic, technical and creative decisions;
- Maintain a high level technical oversight on production pipelines and technical approaches;
- Anticipate long term production needs and plan accordingly;
- Collaborate with Hods and compositing supervisors to make strategic workflow decisions, assisting them in the implementation of such workflows when necessary.
- Collaborate with the Creative VP, Hods, TDs, development and supervisors to establish long-term visions of Hybride pipelines;
- Organize and document technical meetings (forums), with TDs, development and supervisors to discuss the different workflow challenges;
- Collaborate with the compositing supervisors, CG supervisors, Hods & heads of CG (shot or asset), TDs and development to plan and establish effective workflows across the pipeline;
- Anticipate Hybride’s technical challenges and identify solutions focusing on optimization and efficiency;
- Strategize with the executives, development and IT teams regarding overall and long-term planning of internal technologies;
- Oversee the department’s processes by reviewing and editing the reference documentation when necessary.
Must be able to work in Quebec and available immediately or shortly.